NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE SCHEME (NDIS)
Yaandina is proud to be accepted as a registered provider of NDIS services. The NDIS is a new way of helping people with disability get the supports services they need. Yaandina will be happy to assist you when applying for & utilising your NDIS Package to ensure you get the support and services required. The NDIS also helps families and carers with information about services to support people with a disability.
Yaandina provides assistance to help you stay living at home and enable you to participate in community life where it would otherwise be challenging. This could include but is not limited to:
- Budgeting, daily planning & coordinating complex supports
- Assistance to access and maintain employment, school or educational programs
- Assistance with daily personal care & activities in daily life including lower, standard and higher needs to assist you in living as independently as possible.
- Assistance with transport/travel arrangements including training for independence so you can utilise public transport independently
- Household tasks enabling you to maintain your home environment
- Physical well-being activities to encourage healthy lifestyle including exercise and healthy diets.
- Having a break can help you do the things you enjoy and have a good relationship with your family and friends. You can get help to give your carer a break , go to activities or get respite care in your home or somewhere else.
If you think you might like some assistance, you can come and visit us and we can help you with the application form to access the NDIS. Your doctor and others may also need to provide information. We will assist you every step of the way.
When people get help from the NDIS they can enjoy an ordinary life now and as their life changes.
Please call us on (08) 9182 1143 and we would be happy to assist you.
CHSP (Commonwealth Home Support Program) & HOMECARE
The Commonwealth Home Support (CHSP) program (previously HACC) provides support services to older people, people with a disability and their carers, to assist them to continue living independently at home. The services provided range from Centre based care through to Personal care and meals on wheels.
Our Home Care packages provide support for those with a greater care need that require more support than the CHSP service can offer. These services are on a consumer directed care basis which can be tailored to the recipient’s needs. The services can range from social support to Domestic assistance & transport.
Our Home Care Fees
The CHSP & Homecare program directs its services to those who have the greatest need for them and /or the greatest capacity to benefit from the services on offer.
It is a requirement of the Australian Government for providers of CHSP & Home Care to take part in quality reporting at least once every 3 years. Quality Reporting is the Australian Government’s process for encouraging community aged care providers to review, refine and continuously improve the quality of their service delivery. This is conducted by the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency. The Home Care service & HACC service passed all required standards and expected outcomes.
For detailed information see reports below.
Home Care Final quality review report
HACC Final quality review report
Accessing the service
As with aged care a referral is required to meet all regulatory requirements in order to access the service. The following steps outline the referral process.
- A health professional, HACC coordinator, Aged Care coordinator or Family members would contact Yaandina about the concerns they have for their relative or client.
- An ACNA (Aged Care Network Australia) assessment will be done. In consultation with family and health professionals and a service or care plan would be designed.
- The plan would indicate the correct care provision needed, i.e. in-home services or residential aged care. If Homecare is seen to be needed over HACC services an ACAT (Aged Care Assessment Team) would be engaged
- The ACNA or ACAT assessor would advise the appropriate agency and the referral would be made.
Please call us on (08) 9182 1143 to discuss your requirements